Much before the XIX century, we have been trying to realize how to implement technology on our day-to-day basis, but since then, we have started to talk more about the commodity for ourselves and for being more comfortable in our “common private spaces” and, upon that necessity, HVAC systems have appeared. Nowadays, we can control almost everything.
Even the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems use various fuel inputs, they can ensure the right temperature and the constant supply of fresh air for indoor environments. As the company we are, we maintain the airflow, humidity, temperature, and pressure of all the areas we have control on.
Based on the HVAC system, we can maintain temperature as we want. Many people choose the most regular one, which is 24 degrees. For reducing air infiltration, slight positive pressure is controlled. Humidity can be set between 30 to 60%. With this system, we make sure the airflow is continuous throughout the space and, consequently, ensuring that the intake of fresh air is sufficient.
We could say that it refers to the constant renovation and treatment of the air; and to confer to this last, health conditions. That is to say, conditions of purity, conditioning to obtain an air suitable for breathing, comfortable temperature, and humidity for people. Let’s have a look a little more in detail. HVAC includes the following actions:
- Indoor air movement: It consists of distributing the air of refreshment coming from the outside to the interior, so no disturbing air currents are created for its occupants. The diffusion and circulation of the air in occupied interiors must be carefully conducted because excessive speeds are perceived as annoying by the occupants. The renovation of the interior air must be effective but “without being noticed”.
- Cleaning: There is a growing concern about the quality of the air we breathe, hence the use of filters to retain suspended particles. It consists in filtering the air to eliminate pollen, pollen, dust, etc. Eliminates all types of solid particles suspended in the air.
- Dehumidification / Humidification: For an interior to stay comfortable, the humidity in the air increases or decreases. For example, in the case of heating very cold air, it could be humidified to reduce the sensation of dryness. Conversely, in overcrowded interiors or with high humidity, it can be reduced by cooling the air, thickening part of its humidity and heating it until it reaches the ideal temperature.
- Ventilation: Renews the air from a closed environment, providing air from the outside, keeping the polluted gases in healthy or non-harmful levels, assuring quality.
- In this process to increase the temperature, heat is added to the air. Our most efficient systems recover the heat of the extraction air to heat the supply air since the only energy consumption is from the two fan motors; of extraction and impulsion.
- Cooling: Its function is to subtract heat from the air by lowering the temperature to the desired levels. The most used and efficient systems are using a compressor to compress a gas into a liquid state and expand it by removing heat from the air that flows through it. Energetically speaking, the most efficient system nebulizes water droplets in the air stream that, when evaporated, these drops cool the air sensibly.
To conclude this summary, we can say that the heaters/air conditioners are a product of the HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) industry and as part of it; we have the best professionals in the field.