The Louis J. Lefkowitz Building at 80 Centre Street opened in 1930 as a central home for government offices in downtown Manhattan. The building was confined to only 9 stories in height so as not to overshadow the nearby court houses. Today, it houses the District Attorney’s office in addition to other court and government offices, such as the Office of the City Clerk and the Manhattan Marriage Bureau.
Nearby EngineersNew York Engineers has worked on multiple projects with the District Attorney’s office throughout the building, providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering services. The largest undertakings to date have been the renovation of the lobby space, and renovation of the offices across the third and seventh floors.