Experts in Fire Water Roof Tank Design
Curb Fire Damage
Many people lose properties or lives due to severe fires in the US. The fire water roof tank will play an integral role in preventing these shocking news.
Our installations are in line with the recent fire protection standards. The quality of our services is guided by industry's standards enforced by, among others, the NFPA. .
At New York Engineers, we strive for service excellence, energy efficiency and reduced construction costs. Our technicians will, therefore, advise you about the best yet affordable solutions to your installations.
Our Fire Water Roof Tank Solutions
As experts in fire protection services, New York Engineers assigns top technicians to your installation services. Our engineers can also design any custom fire water roof tank with minimum costs without compromising or sacrificing safety.
New York is concentrated with buildings; as thus, effective fire protection measures are needed. This need has familiarized our technicians with a broad range of fire protection solutions.
Essentially, we can design, install and maintain our fire water roof tanks to ensure that your home is always ready with plenty of water. We are also well-rounded with different models of these tanks.
We provide a broad spectrum of fire protection services; any required solution is achievable with our award-winning engineers.
Maintaining Fire Water Roof Tanks.
Designing and installing these roof tanks is not enough. Like any other mechanical equipment, they wear out quickly if not being maintained properly. The results of a poorly maintained roof tank will be bad results when faced with fire emergencies.
New York Engineers can work with you every step of the way to ensure that your fire protection measures are up to date. Also, bear in mind the tank needs a reliable supply of water at all the times. Moreover, it must be easy to replenish after using it.
Our years of experience made us a one-stop shop for all MEP solutions. We design, install and maintain machines with a 50% turnaround time than our competitors.
Fire Water Roof Tank for Residential and Commercial Buildings
Fire emergencies can be cumbersome for homeowners and business owners alike. A severe fire can leave the owner in a financial distress with all assets consumed by the blaze, or leave everyone crying due to a lost life. To prevent these emergencies, fire water roof tanks should form part of investments as they help curb fires, save property and preserve lives when struck by the fire.
The value of residential and commercial buildings can be retained by installing the fire water roof tank, which will make sure there is plenty of water when needed. Apart from this functionality, there are several standards, including the National Fire Protection Plan standard 22, that require buildings to have fire protection measures. Aspiring homeowners and business owners should, therefore, consider these standards in their MEP building designs.
What exactly is a fire water roof tank?
The name should be explicit enough that what this tank is. It is a separate storage of water installed on top or below the roof to provide water to sprinklers or hoses in a case of a fire emergency. The tank makes water readily available when in need. Due to an increase in fire emergency stats in the United States, these tanks are increasingly becoming more relevant since alternative water sources are rare.
The fire water roof tanks can be custom designed per the requirement of the owner or per the house size or environmental conditions. Engineers with a wealth of industry experience can accomplish these custom designs and tailor them to a specific business. The benefits of these tanks cannot be overlooked in this modern era of electrical appliances and other flammable materials capable of causing fire anytime.
Benefits of the fire water roof tank
- Curb fire damages: accessibility of these tanks at the rooftop helps firefighters to get water with ease and quench the fires before they exacerbate the damages. This is more helpful to many buildings located far away from groundwater sources or network of pipes.
- Provide large amounts of water: the tanks come in large capacities, capable of storing large quantities of water sufficient to quench large fire blazes. A firefighter car can connect the hose and sprinkle water to the areas affected by the fires.
- Easy to replenish: after using the fire water roof tank, it is easy to replenish it and wait for any unexpected fire crisis. This makes water more readily available and to overcome all fire emergencies
- Comply with fire regulations: failure to meet fire protection standards may incur penalty costs to the owners. Various associations such as the Factory Mutual, National Fire Protection Association, American Water Works Association and many more are advocates of firefighting codes to be adhered to by owners of commercial and residential apartments. The standard 22 of the NFPA, in particular, enforces compliance with water storage tanks for fire protection systems.
- Water usage in a variety of applications: besides usage in firefighting purposes, the roof tanks can be used to supply for other purposes. However, this is not encouraged as fire emergencies are often unforeseen. As thus, the tank needs to be full at all the times.
- Protects property and safeguards lives: without proper fire protection systems, one can suffer economic loss and also lose family members. A fire water roof tank can prevent this from occurring.
As aforementioned, fire water roof tanks are indispensable; their importance can be likened to that of the standpipe, sprinkler systems, and other fire protection systems.
Disadvantages of the fire water roof tank
Like any other fire protection system, this system is not fail-proof.
- Costly initial costs: the tank can be costly to purchase and to install
- Costly maintenance: professionals are needed to offer inspections as required and recommended by the national standards-setting bodies.
Installing fire water roof tank
The challenging part of the roof tanks is the installation. To start with, you have to get the tank made of quality materials that resist corrosion. A stainless steel tank could be more advantageous. Second, there should be pipes from the water source to connect to the tank and also pipes to the interior to supply sprinklers. It can sound overwhelming to beginners in engineering designs.
The complexity of the fire water roof tank requires experts in MEP engineering designs and installation to install it. A qualified engineer knows what’s required and which materials are great to last long at the rooftop or under the roof.
After installing this roof tank, it should be maintained consistently to ensure that it runs smoothly. All the control valves and other movable components should be inspected to see if they are still in optimal conditions. There are standards set forth by the NFPA that requires timely inspections of fire protection systems.
A fire water roof tank is a must-have in residential and commercial buildings to curb the unfortunate fire emergencies that often leave owners in a financial distress. They help store enough water that can be supplied to sprinklers to quench any fire. Installing these tanks is easily done by professionals in plumbing services; the tanks are complex and big to be successfully installed by an amateur.
While they may be costly initially, they are worth the value of the investment. National Standards Bodies are enforcing codes to be followed by businesses and homeowners. For this reason, the installation of this tank will put you out of trouble with penalties.
Like sprinklers and standpipes, the roof tank is indispensable. It can protect your assets and prevent any loss of life due to fires. Moreover, the presence of the roof tank can increase an investment of the building for future re-sales.
Experts in sprinkler installation services
Companies Who Trust Us
Jack Esterson | Principal
Think! Architecture and Design
What Do Our Customers Say?
I just want to tell you how highly I think of Jahnavi. She was in a meeting today with the client and commanded the room, was totally informed, and very helpful in moving the process forward to conclusion.