Uphold the highest quality drawings no matter what. Love technical MEP engineering design drawings? Tired of dealing with contractors and project management? Want to be able to remove that noise and focus on reviewing drawings for quality? This is the career for you. You’re the in-house “3rd party” reviewer. You will elevate the quality of our Mechanical, Plumbing, Sprinkler drawings.
- Be Awesome!
- Excellent position for an energetic, self-motivated mechanical engineer with purely technical background
- No project management or client interface required
- 12-15 years of technical experience with mechanical, plumbing, and sprinkler design
- PE is preferred, not required
- Technical drawing review and checking (like a third party reviewer)
- Prepare red line markups of drawings
- Experience working with remote teams and offices
- Production oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Review for change order prevention, lowest construction cost, code compliance
- Working knowledge of NYC building codes and IBC
- Ability to research codes for different jurisdictions as required
- Self-starter, willing to research and contact external sources (such as equipment reps, vendors, building departments) for clarifications
- Expert with construction administration and field conditions
- Well-versed with markup tools such as Bluebeam or Adobe
KPIs1. 4 projects redlined per day
2. 1% max construction change orders
Relationships you will make
Interface with a global team of engineers. Work with the industries top Principals. Be part of the team evolutionizing the MEP industry. Interface with agencies approving our designs. Be part of the team writing new NYC DOB code.
Similar to the special forces, you will be joining an elite engineering team, lean, agile, with big capabilities. You will further develop your expertise as a top technical powerhouse for HVAC, plumbing, and sprinkler design review. Be a thought leader having your articles published on our blog. Be recognized as the technical expert you are.
Location : New York, NY