Holy Cross Addition

Known as the “Borough of Churches,” Brooklyn is said to be home to the most houses of worship in the world. In 1845, the Archdiocese of New York established the Holy Cross parish along Church Avenue in the area now known as Flatbush. In 1853, the Diocese of Brooklyn was created, and the church was absorbed under the new system. The church has had a tremendous impact on its surrounding community and is utilized by many of its residents.

final_design_forthcoming.png

provided MEP/FP engineering consultation services for a renovation of a new retreat house and a small rooftop addition on an existing adjacent building. The future retreat house will include an auditorium, classrooms, and bathrooms.

Location

2530 Church Avenue
Brooklyn, NY

Client

Holy Cross

Architect

Acheson Doyle
Partners Architects

Budget

$4.2M

Area

11,000 ft2

Related Projects

Lincoln-Towers

Lincoln Towers

conducted a complete mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and energy survey for one of the buildings within the luxury community. Generators were also installed. Energy saving recommendations of over $300,000/year with a 2 year payback were discovered.

View Project

Lutheran-Social-Services-of-New-York

Lutheran Social Services of New York

was hired by the Lutheran Social Services of New York (LSSNY) to perform an existing conditions survey on the MEP systems of four separate properties to determine the feasibility and impact of each location.

View Project

Marion-McMahon-Abbe-Boys-Club

Marion McMahon Abbe Boys Club

provided engineering consultation for new plumbing in the Marion McMahon Abbe Clubhouse in Flushing, NY. This included a full document review and surveys to ensure the work performed in the building was accurate to the drawings.

View Project

© 2020 New York Engineers. All Right Reserved. Legal Notice | Trademarks