BETHEL GOSPEL ASSEMBLY

PROJECT INFORMATION

The story of Bethel Gospel Assembly is one that began with humble beginnings, starting with two young black girls that were denied membership into a New York City church in 1916. When a young German woman heard of their plight, she suggested that they all privately conduct their own bible study in the girls’ Harlem cottage; and thus, the Bethel Gospel Assembly was born. Since then, the number of members has grown from three to 1,500 individuals who are active participants in the church’s mission to provide those in need with spiritual, social, emotional, and physical help. In addition to the Bethel Gospel Assembly’s local Harlem patrons, the church has placed a huge emphasis on global and national outreach, with daughter churches in South Africa, Atlanta, Florida, and various other places.

HOW WE HELPED BETHEL GOSPEL ASSEMBLY

New York Engineers provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection consulting services for the Church’s new home site. The new sanctuary will be composed of five floors with room for 2,500 parishioners.

Location
1481 East 5th Ave.
New York, NY
Budget
$9M
Client
Bethel Gospel Assembly
Architects
AT Architects
Area
300,000 ft2

Related Projects

Actors-Temple.jpg?width=750&height=563&name=Actors-Temple
ACTORS TEMPLE

Located in Hell’s Kitchen, The Actors Temple is a synagogue founded in 1917 that became the synagogue of choice for the entertainment industry. 

Bialystoker-Synagogue-Houses.png?width=1601&height=1043&name=Bialystoker-Synagogue-Houses
Bialystoker Synagogue Houses

NY Engineers was hired by Mark Mariscal Architect to perform a building conditions assessment on a building belonging to the Bialystoker Synagogue which is used to provide housing community members in need, most of whom are elderly.

Brick-Presbyterian-Church.jpg?width=639&height=639&name=Brick-Presbyterian-Church
BRICK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

NYE provided professional mechanical engineering services to the church in an effort to preserve its contribution to New York City history.