Marion McMahon Abbe Boys Club

The Boys Club of New York was founded in 1876 by E.H. Harriman in order to get inner-city boys off the streets of the Lower East Side to engage in more “productive” activities in a safe environment. Today BCNY operates 3 clubhouses in New York City, serving nearly 4,000 boys. Programming has evolved beyond a safe space to go after school to include athletic programs, volunteer opportunities, and academic support for its members.

final_design_forthcoming.png

provided engineering consultation for new plumbing in the Marion McMahon Abbe Clubhouse in Flushing, NY. This included a full document review and surveys to ensure the work performed in the building was accurate to the drawings.

Location

Flushing, NY

Client

Boys Club of New York

Architect

George Sweeny Architects

Related Projects

NEBHDC-Food-Pantry

NEBHDC Food Pantry

was hired to provide MEP/FP for the Northeast Brooklyn Housing Development Corporation during the construction phase of a renovation as part of a building-wide system upgrade.

View Project

New-York-Hall-of-Science

New York Hall of Science

The New York Hall of Science building is one of the few remaining structures from the 1964 New York World’s Fair in Flushing Meadow-Corona Park, Queens.

View Project

NYCHA-Randolph-Houses

NYCHA Randolph Houses

A master plan was produced to upgrade an existing 36 building site with more light, air, and modern energy-efficient MEP systems.

View Project

© 2020 New York Engineers. All Right Reserved. Legal Notice | Trademarks