HOLY CROSS ADDITION

PROJECT INFORMATION

Known as the “Borough of Churches,” Brooklyn is said to be home to the most houses of worship in the world. In 1845, the Archdiocese of New York established the Holy Cross parish along Church Avenue in the area now known as Flatbush. In 1853, the Diocese of Brooklyn was created, and the church was absorbed under the new system. The church has had a tremendous impact on its surrounding community and is utilized by many of its residents.

HOW WE HELPED HOLY CROSS ADDITION

NYE provided MEP/FP engineering consultation services for a renovation of a new retreat house and a small rooftop addition on an existing adjacent building. The future retreat house will include an auditorium, classrooms, and bathrooms.

Location
2530 Church Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
Client
Holy Cross
Architect
Acheson Doyle
Partners Architects
Budget
$4.2M

Get Pricing On a New MEP Design Proposal in Fewer than 24 Hours

Request a proposal →

Related Projects

Bialystoker-Synagogue-Houses.png?width=1601&height=1043&name=Bialystoker-Synagogue-Houses
Bialystoker Synagogue Houses

NY Engineers was hired by Mark Mariscal Architect to perform a building conditions assessment on a building belonging to the Bialystoker Synagogue which is used to provide housing community members in need, most of whom are elderly.

Actors-Temple.jpg?width=750&height=563&name=Actors-Temple
ACTORS TEMPLE

Located in Hell’s Kitchen, The Actors Temple is a synagogue founded in 1917 that became the synagogue of choice for the entertainment industry. 

Bethel-Gospel-Assembly.jpg?width=596&height=636&name=Bethel-Gospel-Assembly
BETHEL GOSPEL ASSEMBLY

The story of Bethel Gospel Assembly is one that began with humble beginnings, starting with two young black girls that were denied membership into a New York City church in 1916.