The Boys Club of New York was founded in 1876 by E.H. Harriman in order to get inner-city boys off the streets of the Lower East Side to engage in more “productive” activities in a safe environment. Today BCNY operates 3 clubhouses in New York City, serving nearly 4,000 boys. Programming has evolved beyond a safe space to go after school to include athletic programs, volunteer opportunities, and academic support for its members.
New York Engineers provided engineering consultation for new plumbing in the Marion McMahon Abbe Clubhouse in Flushing, NY. This included a full document review and surveys to ensure the work performed in the building was accurate to the drawings.
Operating from 1892 until 1954, Ellis Island was the nation’s busiest immigrant inspection station, processing an estimated 12 million people during its 62 years of service, and today nearly one third of Americans can trace their ancestry back to the island.
NY Engineers was hired by Mark Mariscal Architect to perform a building conditions assessment on a building belonging to the Bialystoker Synagogue which is used to provide housing community members in need, most of whom are elderly.