Brick Presbyterian Church

The Brick Presbyterian Church is a striking piece of New York architecture that has a long-standing role in American History, spanning over two centuries. Since first opening its doors to parishioners in 1767, the church has been in continuous operation with the only exception being several years during the American Revolutionary War. During this time, the church was commandeered by British forces and used as both a hospital and a brig. Since then, the church has undergone a number of changes, including two relocations, mostly to follow the general direction of the church’s attendees. The Brick Church’s current home consists of four main buildings (the sanctuary, chapel, and the old and new parish houses) and has incorporated elements of the earlier buildings, such as the weather vane and clock bell.

final_design_forthcoming.png

provided professional mechanical engineering services to the church in an effort to preserve its contribution to New York City history.

Location

69 East 92nd Street
New York, NY 10128

Budget

$4M

Area

30,000 ft2

Related Projects

Cary-Leeds-Tennis-Bubble

Cary Leeds Tennis Bubble

provided mechanical engineering consulting for 2 new tennis bubbles constructed on the site. Survey and design work were performed to ensure the HVAC systems installed would not cause humidity regulation issues within the bubbles.

View Project

Ellis-Island-Cafe

Ellis Island Café

provided fire alarm upgrades in the Café. The main building that once served as a portal to America reopened in 1990 and now houses an immigration museum, commemorating all of those who once passed through its walls.

View Project

Habitat-for-Humanity

Habitat for Humanity

Established in 1976 by Millard and Linda Fuller in Americus, Georgia, Habitat for Humanity is an international, non-governmental, non-profit Christian organization founded on the principle that all people should have access to a decent, safe affordable place to live.

View Project

© 2020 New York Engineers. All Right Reserved. Legal Notice | Trademarks