New York Engineers - Experts in HVAC Mechanical Engineering
Our HVAC solutions are designed to ensure optimal comfort, regardless of outdoor temperatures.
We identify & eliminate unnecessary energy consumption, leaving you with maximal functionality for the minimum annual energy cost.
Built to Last
All of our systems are designed with longevity in mind, saving you maintenance costs down the line.
What is HVAC?
HVAC is an acronym that stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Engineers normally design these systems together because their operation is closely related. For example, once the indoor air supply is heated or cooled to an adequate temperature, the ventilation system distributes it throughout indoor spaces. In turn, the operation of air-handling systems influences the load on heating and cooling equipment.
Which NYC Construction Codes apply for HVAC installations?
Most requirements for HVAC installations are established by the NYC Mechanical Code. However, many system components are also subject to requirements from other codes:
• Electrical components of HVAC systems must meet the NYC Electrical Code.
• HVAC installations that use combustion equipment, such as furnaces or boilers, must also meet the NYC Fuel Gas Code.
• The NYC Plumbing Code applies for HVAC systems that use hydronic piping, as well as for domestic hot water systems.
• The NYC Energy Conservation Code establishes minimum performance requirements for HVAC systems. If the installation has at least 600,000 BTU/hour of water and space heating
What are the benefits of HVAC engineering consulting?
There are three main ways in which engineering consultants can improve the HVAC installations in your building:
• Improved indoor environment: Better control over temperature and moisture in the air, while the ventilation system prevents the accumulation of air pollutants by keeping an adequate supply of fresh air.
• Improved energy efficiency: HVAC installations account for more than 60% of energy consumption in many NYC buildings. As a result, improvements that reduce HVAC energy consumption can yield an attractive return on investment.
• Reducing building emissions: HVAC consulting can make your building greener. This is accomplished as a side-effect of energy efficiency, but you can also switch to cleaner energy sources for HVAC equipment. For example, you can upgrade space heating and domestic hot water systems to use natural gas instead of heating oil, or you can deploy electric heat pumps to avoid combustion appliances completely. As previously mentioned, another benefit of HVAC engineering consulting is code compliance. Note that the use of non-compliant HVAC installations is against NYC laws and may bring legal liabilities.
Which HVAC consultant can help me?
The experts at New York Engineers can evaluate your HVAC installations and identify the best upgrades. If you are planning a new construction, working with us ensures code compliance from the start, along with quick project approval with the NYC Department of Buildings.
Our Most Requested Services
Radiant Floor Heating
Companies Who Trust Us
Silviu Herscher, Director of Capital Infrastructure, The New School
What Do Our Customers Say?
"The way we work together, the way they overcome challenges, and the way they deliver impresses me more than other engineers, and I'm one of them!"