Design errors and omissions are the leading causes of change orders in your building project. While eliminating these change orders at 100% is not entirely feasible due to RFIs and client requests, this can be reduced insofar to some extent through virtual constructability review.
Taking reference from the traditional design-bid-build models, the reviewer’s level of expertise should commensurate to the short timeframe allocated for this critical task. Hence, the need for senior executives with construction and technical experience to review the construction documents, rather than delegating this turning-point task to novice engineers. However, finding the right senior engineers who have ample time for months to perform virtual construction review is not entirely practical, especially when large-scale firms juggle competitive projects simultaneously. This begs the question of how competitive virtual constructability review can be, if done from an inexperienced set of eyes.
Our engineers are no stranger to this situation, and as such, we approach virtual constructability review with professional engineering expertise for your competitive advantages. By doing so, we integrate constructability right from the very start, streamlining the process from design, to fabrication, construction and site installation of all needed components for your building services.
In scanning shop drawings and fabrication sheets, we use our assets of keen eyes, critical thinking and engineering proficiency to identify from the ground up all the technical areas which needed calibration for constructability.
Here are some of the cutting-edge advantages that you can get when you factor in virtual constructability review for your streamlined design-to-construction process:
- Shop drawings explicitly communicate design intent through constructability profile of components
- Structural components can be pre-fabricated with complete concrete and steel detailing of joints, welding, assembly and installation
- Accurate sizing, specifications and load design factors advance fabrication of long-lead MEP items
- Early consultant approvals and advanced start date on-site for contractors meeting construction deliverables
- Building envelopes and façade design withstand earthquake loads due to seismic design tolerances
Utilizing our reputable years of experience in the AEC industry, New York Engineers also scan shop drawings and fabrication sheets in light of the cost and schedule constraints. This means that we zero in all the general and urgent items first on a holistic scale, rather than focusing on the individual aspects first since common issues include clash interferences of multiple trades.