An air side economizer has become adopted into most building’s HVAC design and operations, and it’s mainly because it’s highly effective in minimizing total energy costs. However, there’s a difference between a typical economizer and a well-designed economizer.
Basically, a professionally designed economizer has the following advantages:
- It improves a building’s overall ventilation. A well-designed economizer can have special sensors which are capable of detecting the total carbon dioxide level in the air. Once it reaches a certain level, the economizer will then allow more outside air, thereby enhancing ventilation.
- It can extend the life of other equipment. With a well-designed economizer installed, the building’s compressor will enjoy hundreds, even thousands, of hours of idle time. This means reduced wear and tear on its external parts, thereby requiring less frequent replacements which can be often costly.
- It reduces overall energy costs as your compression remains idle. Also, a professionally designed air side compressor will require less maintenance, making it possible to save even more money on repairs and replacements.
Needless to say, a professionally designed economizer lets you enjoy “free cooling” for a longer time compared to one that’s poorly designed.
That said, we at New York Engineers can help you all the way. We make sure to create 3D model and designs for your air side economizer plans.
How We Can Help You
Here at New York Engineers, we understand your needs for an efficient and cost-effective air side economizer design. A poorly designed economizer can only lead to poor energy conservation, as opposed to an economizer’s purpose of saving energy by cooling buildings using outside air.
With a fully-functional and well-designed economizer, you will be able to save up to 10% of your building’s overall energy consumption (up to 20% in areas located in mild coastal climates).
Basically, air side economizers are designed with the purpose of saving energy. The bad thing is that most newly installed economizers fail to work properly, and the problems tend to escalate as time goes by. One of the major culprits for such failure is poor design. In such aspect, we are here to help.
With a properly designed air side economizer, you will be able to:
- Save a lot of energy
- Cut down on the monthly electrical costs
- Enjoy efficient cooling
We can help you during the design process. With our expertise in the designing industry, we’ll be able to come up with an efficient air side economizer design which you can then use for your construction and/or installation plans.
Throughout the project, you’ll have the chance to explore and visualize the models we design, so you can provide additional valuable output, improve the workflow, and help speed up the completion of the project. You’ll also have the freedom to provide us with informed design decisions, so we can create a model that can suit your needs.
Once the project is completed, you’ll be able to receive the final design for your air side economizer.
How We Work
Our professional designers at New York Engineers use a number of MEP software solutions to create reliable, high-quality, and professional-looking designs for your air side economizer. Using such software allows us to create even the most complex designs you have in mind.
The tools we use for the designing process are as follows:
- Revit – Revit is a Building Information Modelling (BIM) software that allows us to efficiently plan, design, and even construct structures, buildings, and other components in the field of MEP. As such, we’re able to 3D visualize a building or structure even before it’s built. It’s a very vital tool for us, considering that it lets us create 3D designs of air side economizers and update it whenever necessary.
- AutoCAD – another tool that’s included in our arsenal of software solutions for creating 3D air side economizer designs, AutoCAD is vital for creating and editing 2D and 3D drawings. This allows us to create intelligent models and objects for your air side customizer design project.
With both Revit and AutoCAD, it will be possible for us to create a 3D model of an air side economizer design as well as create a 3D visualization, so you’ll have an idea how it will look like once it’s manufactured and installed.
Our standard procedures are as follows:
- Upon receiving your request, we will then review your specifications and get in touch with you shortly after.
- We’ll do our best to listen to your requirements, so we can come up with the best solution that matches your needs and budget.
- After a few discussions, we’ll then send one of our representatives for an area inspection. This way, we can be able to get accurate measurements for your needed design. It will also let us gather additional information which is vital during the design process.
- With the information we gathered, our professional designers will then create and design a 3D model for your air side economizer project.
- During the design process, we’ll make sure to collaborate with you to ensure that we deliver the exact setup you want to achieve.
- After the design is completed, we’ll then deliver you the final design in a single file. This way, you’ll be able to proceed with your project in a smoother and more organized way.
With our air side economizer design, you’ll be able to get rid of your worries of a poorly designed economizer. We’ll do our best to thoroughly cover the important aspects of your air side economizer project, starting from conceptualization down to finalization, without compromising its quality. We’ll also make sure to provide you with regular updates throughout the design process.
We can also help you in other aspects to make sure that the design is properly materialized within your building.